Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hot Mess: Claire Julien in The Bling Ring

"You can't wear leopard and zebra. You have to choose one."


This movie is gold, for so many reasons.

One of the main reasons, for me at least, was Chloe (Claire Julien). Whilst all the other "characters" weren't so fabulous (Emma Watson, a.k.a. Nicki, wore UGGs at one point), Chloe looked pretty much flawless throughout. She mastered the perfect combination of A-list wannabe and badass chick. My ultimate style inspiration.

Honestly, I think I was quite mesmerized throughout most of the film because of all the designer clothes and shoes that were on display.

This film will seriously spark more debates about our generation's obsession with fame and celebrities, and how we all lead such a shallow existence. I read somewhere that this is a "deep film about a shallow subject". Very well put.

Though the film is quite serious, it has a lot of funny parts in it as well. Most of the comedy, I found, came at the expense of Paris Hilton and her shoes. Why did she agree to be in this? I mean, obviously because it's Sofia Coppola, but I didn't walk out of the movie theatre thinking "Poor Paris"; I thought "Dumb Paris". Oh well.

There's a nice little cameo from Kirsten Dunst as well (one of Sofia's main leading ladies), but that's already been seen in the trailer.

Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?