Friday, April 5, 2013

The Inspiration: Penelope Cruz in Vicky Cristina Barcelona

If I'm likely to become anyone this summer, it'll be Maria Elena.


I saw sunlight today. I wore sunglasses. I sat outside. 

It's official: summer is around the corner.

I always say that I prefer Autumn/Winter fashion to Spring/Summer, but now I realise you can't really compare the two. The colder seasons are more of a challenge in terms of trying to find new ways of remaining stylish, whilst also trying not to freeze your toosh off. 

But summer is different. You're pretty much free to wear whatever you like, which means that it is the ideal time to discover your style identity. Whereas New Year's resolutions begin in January, style resolutions begin in April/May (depending on location and mother nature).

Though there's still several weeks to consider this, I couldn't help but imagine what this particular summer would bring, style-wise. 

I have a feeling I'll be a hot-mess, like Maria Elena in Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008). She's probably one of the most fabulous characters in any film, ever. And she wears dresses all the time. 

Woody Allen's such a genius for creating her.

When I spend this summer enjoying the sun, the company of friends and working on my art (yes, I would call a slasher-script art), I'll think of her and her stylish ways.

Oh, and I'll wear the psycho behaviour as an accessory.




1 comment:

Was it stylish for you?