Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hot Mess: Sienna Miller in Alfie


There's something to be said about women who can't keep their shit together,
but manage to look flawlessly stylish whilst losing it.


I can't think of a single film that I've seen Sienna Miller in that isn't excessively fashionable (except Stardust, but that hardly counts). Factory Girl and Interview are some of my favourite films not only because they're genius, but because Sienna looks brilliant in them. 

Though Alfie (2004) is not that genius, Sienna is still brilliant.

I remember seeing this for the first time and thinking: "That is what I'm going to dress like when I'm in my 20s. A little bit of rock n' roll, a little bit hippie." 

Perfect combination. 

Though the early noughties was really not a very good time for fashion (um, mega low-rise jeans, skinny scarves and caps? No), somehow this gem managed to distance itself from all the silliness that people were wearing. After almost a decade later, it's still stylish.

I think that may have more to do with the character though. As with psycho chicks, hot messes are always incredibly dressed, especially when they're having a mental breakdown in a very public place. 

From now on, if I feel a breakdown coming on, I'll make sure to channel Sienna.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?