Monday, March 11, 2013

Wicked: The Witches of Oz: The Great and Powerful

Why are witches always so damn stylish?


Seriously. Witches are always well-dressed. I love it.

Anyway. I went to see Oz: The Great and Powerful last night. The movie was not so great, but it looked pretty at least. Especially Theodora, Glinda and Evanora.

Theodora spent most of the film in leather pants/leggings and knee-high boots, with either the white top and crimson coat (as above), or with a black corset and stereotypical pointy-hat. I have to tell you, I loved the Wicked Witch look. I'm thinking it may be a future Halloween inspiration (minus the green face). 

Glinda, being the Good Witch, obviously wore white, virginal dresses that looked like bridal gowns. Didn't hate them either. They were cute.

And then there was Evanora. The Wicked Witch of the... East? West? Not sure. Honestly, it doesn't really matter, considering how amazing her dresses were. Very sparkly, very dark, lots of sheerness, but most importantly: feathers. LOVED the feathers.

I'd probably have to flip a coin to decide which of the wicked sisters I loved more (sorry Glinda, wicked always beats good in fashion). On one hand, I sympathize a lot with Theodora and her style. I'm going through the exact same fashion transition. But then again, how much do I love feathers and sparkles?

Hmm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?