Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Icons: Sienna Miller vs. Scarlett Johansson

Sienna Miller as Tippi Hedren
Scarlett Johansson as Janet Leigh
























I've never been more excited to see the costume designs of any film since My Week With Marilyn (though that was not very long ago). I hold a special place in my heart for Hitchcock Heroines and their clothes, thus you can understand the enthusiasm I felt when I heard that there will be not one but two Hitchcock biopics coming out (even though one was an HBO TV movie). And when two of my favourite actresses were set to play two of the most infamous Hitchcock blondes (with the exception of Grace Kelly), I could hardly contain myself.

However.

I watched both Hitchcock and The Girl recently, and I must say I was not very impressed. Maybe my expectations were too high, but excuse me for assuming that a film made about one of the greatest filmmakers of all time would be enticing. Neither was.

But.

I did highly appreciate the effort put in to both films by the wardrobe departments. Both Sienna and Scarlett wore beautiful '50s and '60s style dresses, as well as some adorable capris.

If I would have to choose one wardrobe to steal though, it would have to be Tippi's. What can I say? I have never been able to resist a big (faux) fur coat.

Special mention goes out to Jessica Biel as Vera Miles. Not too shabby.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?